Bart Calhoun was born and raised in Des Arc, Arkansas, where he worked on the family farm until leaving for college at Arkansas State University. Upon graduation from Arkansas State University, he joined the Arkansas Attorney General’s office as a personal aid to then Attorney General Dustin McDaniel and a public affairs liaison. While working at the Attorney General’s office, he attended law school at the UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, where he graduated with honors and was on law review.
Before co-founding McDaniel, Richardson and Calhoun, PLLC, Bart Calhoun was an Assistant Attorney General serving in the public protection department. He practiced federal and state consumer litigation and litigated in multiple bankruptcy courts throughout the United States. While at the Attorney General’s office, he worked on legislation and regularly communicated with members from the Arkansas General Assembly on matters related to the office and legislation.
Since forming MRC, Calhoun has provided legal and government relations services to clients in the agriculture, construction, healthcare, medical marijuana, and banking industries. Bart Calhoun’s legal practice includes contract litigation, personal injury, collections, family law, bankruptcy, and general civil litigation.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- General Litigation
- Arkansas, 2011
- William H. Bowen School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: With Honors
- Arkansas State University
- Bart W. Calhoun and Eric Estes. The Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association Docket, Fall, 2013
- Lisa Pruitt, Cliff McKinney, and Bart Calhoun, Justice in the Hinterlands: Arkansas as a Case Study of the Rural Lawyer Shortage and Evidence-Based Solutions to Alleviate It, 37 U. ARK LITTLE ROCK L. REV. 573, 2015
- Mississippi County v. City of Osceola, 2017 Ark. 71, 515 S.W.3d 96 , 2017
- While at the Attorney General’s office, Bart Calhoun prosecuted and obtained judgments totaling over $1,000,000.00 against defendants for deceptive trade practices.
- Centennial Bank
- Ross Group
- New Beginnings Behavioral Health Services, LLC
- City of Osceola, Arkansas
- Larry Porter Seed, LLC
- Porter Seed Cleaning, Inc.
- Jay Farming, Inc.
- Acxiom Corporation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Spinal Cord Foundation , President, 01/2016 to Present
- Arkansas Bar Association, House of Delegates, 2013 to Present
- Arkansas Bar Association, Leadership Academy, 2012 to 2013
- Arkansas Bar Association, Mock Trial Committee, 2013 to 2014
- Arkansas Bar Association, Citizen Education Committee of the Young Lawyers Section , 2012 to 2013
- Arkansas Bar Association, Disaster Relief Committee of the Young Lawyers Section , 2012 to 2013
Past Employment Positions
- Arkansas Attorney General, Law Clerk, 2009 to 2011
- Assistant Attorney General, November 2011 - January 2015