Scott is a founding partner of McDaniel, Richardson, & Calhoun PLLC. He practices in the areas of education law, employment litigation, commercial litigation, civil rights litigation, personal injury law, and appellate practice. Scott has litigated cases in both state and federal courts, handling appeals in the Arkansas Court of Appeals, the Arkansas Supreme Court, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals as Senior Assistant Attorney General.
Additionally, he has represented clients at the Arkansas General Assembly. In that role, he has advised legislators and state agencies on the legal effect of legislation, spoken before numerous committees, and advised legislators directly.
Areas Of Practice
- Education Law
- Employment Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Personal Injury Law
- Appellate Practice
- Arkansas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2002
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Little Rock Sch. Dist. v. Arkansas, 674 F.3d 990, 2012, 8th Cir.
- Deer/Mt. Judea Sch. Dist. v. Kimbrell, 2013 Ark. 393.
- Fitzgiven v. Dorey, 2013 Ark. 346.
- Teague v. Cooper, 720 F.3d 973, 2013, 8th Cir.
- Bloodman v. Kimbrell, 533 Fed. Appx. 678, 2013, 8th Cir.
- Green Party of Ark. v. Martin, 649 F.3d 675, 2011, 8th Cir.
- Forrester v. Daniels, 2010 Ark. 397
- Morris v. Union Pacific Railroad, 373 F.3d 896, 2004, 8th Cir.