Education Law Services Committed To Helping Our Local Youth And Academic Communities
As an education professional, your focus should be on the classroom, not the courtroom. Our attorneys can help your district navigate the laws that regulate your schools — from the Teacher Fair Dismissal Act to the Freedom of Information Act to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act — so you can concentrate on serving your students.
At McDaniel, Richardson & Calhoun, we know the ins and outs of education law and how it applies to public and private schools at the elementary, secondary and postsecondary level. We regularly work with school districts and educational institutions across Arkansas to help administrators properly manage and comply with a variety of education law issues, including:
- Compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Contract negotiations
- Personnel and employment disputes
- Ethics issues facing educators and administrators
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and special education matters
- Student discipline and due process rights
- The Teacher Fair Dismissal Act (TFDA) and other teachers’ rights issues
- Freedom of Information Act requirements
- Civil rights laws, including Section 1983 and the Arkansas Civil Rights Act
Secure An Experienced Litigation Team
Our team has years of experience handling legal and policy issues affecting students, educators, administrators and others involved in public, private and university education. Attorney Scott Richardson spent eight years working in the state attorney general’s office handling education matters, and he continues to provide informed counsel and representation tailored to those facing education-related legal issues.
Learn How Our Resources And Insight Can Help Your District
Our team of lawyers at McDaniel, Richardson & Calhoun will provide you with clear advice and custom-tailored legal services. Call and schedule a consultation at our Little Rock law office at 501-588-2104. You can also reach us via email by completing our online contact form.