When You Need To Change A Court Order, We Are Here

Life has its difficulties. Circumstances can change substantially for many reasons. When your life takes a turn, either positively or negatively, other aspects of your life must change as a result. If your circumstances change, you may wish to make modifications to your court-ordered family agreements. Our team at McDaniel, Richardson & Calhoun can help you with modifications to custody, child support, alimony and your divorce decree.

When Circumstances Change, Let Us Help You And Your Children

After your divorce is finalized, it may feel as if your divorce decree, custody and support orders are set in stone. These terms are binding and you should follow them. But if you or your children have substantial changes in daily circumstances, you can petition to have these orders modified.

Significant changes in circumstances include:

  • An increase or decrease in your finances
  • A change in your children’s needs
  • Geographic location changes
  • Issues relating to proper care of the children
  • Unexpected medical expenses

With the assistance of an experienced attorney, it is possible to petition the court to seek modifications to these court-ordered agreements.

Preparing And Justifying A Modification

It is important to abide by the agreements you have in place. The court takes your behavior into account as your modification is considered. Your past actions should help speak to your case for future modifications.

As your lawyers, we will work closely with you to ensure that we can present your case in a way that illustrates the need for a change in your current agreement and helps you justify those needs. We will take a hands-on approach in order to ensure that we clearly understand your goals, what is at stake and how an alteration will be in the best interests of you and your children.

Assisting You In Your Time Of Need

Modifications to alimony, child custody and child support can be beneficial for the entire family. If your financial situation changes and you are struggling, a modification can help avoid enforcement of penalties and violations. If the needs of your children change, altering the order may be in their best interests. Our lawyers want to help.

Let us advocate for the best interests of you and your children. Call our Little Rock office at 501-235-8336 or email us to set up an appointment. We serve clients in need throughout central Arkansas.

Case Results

$10 Million

Consumer Protection